K-9 to 5, an upscale provider of pet care services, voted Pittsburgh Magazine’s Best Canine Care Professional for 2006-2007, isseeking an experienced dog handler to join the K-9 to 5 team. This is an outstanding professional growth opportunity for the right person!
Qualified Candidates should at a minimum:
1. Possess considerable veterinary acumen and be able to provide at least one Veterinary reference.
2. Have obedience handled at least 2dogs to their TT, CGC and/or TDI titles, andprovide one Master Trainer (CPDT, NADOI, IACP, etc.) reference.
3. Be Bondable and provide excellent personal and professional references.
4. Possess a verifiable, outstanding prior attendance history at work and provide 2 professional references.
5. Have reliable transportation and be able and willing to work in various locations with various types of dogs, in Pittsburgh’s East End neighborhoods each week day.
6. Be available and willing to work very occasional evening and weekend assignments.
7. Have experience and/or willingness to work with felines.
8. Possess the essential physical capabilities necessary to walk a dog at least ˝ a mile and to restrain large or excited dogs in a variety of weather and ground conditions.
9. Have a general understanding of current concepts surrounding canine temperament, healthcare, conditioning and alternative medicine options.
10. Possess a High School Diploma. College Graduate Preferred. Must be highly literate and well spoken. Effective, detail oriented Client communication and education is required.
K-9 to 5 Offers:
The highest wage paid in the industry. Mileage reimbursement. Bonding. Insurance Coverage. PSI and IACP Memberships. Ongoing para-professional and American Red Cross Pet First Aid/CPR training to Certification are provided in a work environment where interpersonal respect, autonomy and personal style and decision making are required and valued.
Some transferrable skills may be substituted for obedience titles, but 1 trainer and 1 veterinary reference are required.
If Qualified and Interested, Please Call: Julie Sandson at: 412-363-K925 or e-mail me at Julie@412363k925.com